Top Hair Growth Tips by Science Daily

Forums Taoist Soap Support Top Hair Growth Tips by Science Daily

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Arslan 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Arslan

I just came across this post on top tips for hair at this link: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/07/120710093242.htm

I will copy and paste some of it below which I really love and agree with: 

To maintain healthy hair, Dr. Draelos recommends people also follow these tips:

1. Wash oily hair more frequently. How often you wash your hair should be based on how much oil your scalp produces.

o If your scalp is oily, you may need to wash it as often as once a day.

o If you have chemically-treated hair, your hair may be drier, so you may want to wash it less frequently.

o As you get older, your scalp makes less oil, so you may not need to shampoo as often. But if you see flakes in your hair, you may not be shampooing enough. This can lead to dandruff and other scalp diseases.

Ben
    Keymaster

I like this, thanks for sharing Arslan. People sometimes don’t understand basics like these.

binder

I like it. I realized that naturally when my hair was getting greasy and started washing it more. but when it was dry i stopped washing it as much.

Scalp massage helps balance that

always liked science daily, they have the coolest research science news online.

fiaK

Great link, thanks

SABEEN

Sorry I know its been a while since this was posted but I came across this looking for hair growth tips. Its suggested that an oily scalp should be washed more often, but its the oil good for you. Following the same logic as over washing oily skin, overwashing oil hair might strip it of its natural oils.

I think the point is the more oily it is the greater the amount of natural skin oil AND grease. Greasy scalp or skin is never really a good thing and works to trap bacteria causing inflammation, you never want that.

Kyletaylor

If you are getting flakes of your hair, you are not shampooing enough?! Your scalp starts flaking when certain shampoos dry the hell out of your scalp.
    TBH I have experience with the reverse being true also but I think it greatly depends on the kind of shampoo you are using

Arslan

Flaking and dandruff aren’t exactly the same thing but I know where you are coming from because I felt that too. Maybe its talking about people specifically who don’t produce as much oil in the scalp?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.