taoist soap vs generic acne facewash

Forums Miscellaneous taoist soap vs generic acne facewash

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bindi 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Chris

Generic facewashes having a drying effect because they follow the logic that the oilier the skin, the greater the chance of clogged skin. This ends up over-drying the skin, causing the oil glands in the skin to produce even more sebum to compensate, which leads to even more chance of clogged pores -> acne.

Taoist soap doesn’t have that drying effect which removes the natural oils from the skin, so it wouldn’t cause that reaction. It does still clean the pores and contains anti-oxidants that speeds up healing.

Hayley
    Participant

This question is for the mods I guess since they would know better but anyone can answer if they feel they can add something.
    For taoist soap use for acne, how does it differ from a generic acne facewash?

bindi

I can second that. So many acne facewashes and even benzyl peroxide dry the hell out of the skin. In the super long run I guess it still reduced my acne but my face was always red and crusty lol

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.